The JubJub (jub-jub) is a round fluffy Neopet with two dexterous feet and no arms. JubJubs are the only pet that is capable of being colored Coconut and one of the only two pets able to be colored Garlic. They sometimes take advantage of their round shape to roll down hills, mountains, and water slides. In the wild, JubJubs seem to have large families, but they are just as happy living with a single human owner or a small Neofamily. They are also very lucky, so they bring good fortune to their friends.
Jubjub are 40cm (1.31ft) on average, making them one of the smaller Neopets.
It's not limited edition, meaning you can create one whenever you like.
Site description: "JubJubs are very shy and secretive creatures. They aren't aggressive, but they can defend themselves with their defeaning screech when threatened."
Below are all possible colours for jubjubs. Hit "Expand" to see every one!
Some colours of jubjub were exempt from auto-conversion when Neopets updated the pet art. Click "Expand" to see all possible unconverted jubjub.
They were originally called Jibjibs, and it was very hard to see their faces with those giant feet in the way! Next, the species was later renamed to JubJub because of a copyright issue concerning a Fighting Fantasy Choose Your Own Adventure book. Their fur was definitely a lot less frizzy. Then, they got a redraw so you could actually see their faces, but this version had even larger feet than before! Finally, they got to stand up as well, and were much more expressive when their faces could be clearly seen.
- For its new name, TNT might have been inspired by a line in Lewis Carroll's Jabberwocky, the same nonsense poem that is quoted on the first page of the Gallery of Evil:
Beware the Jubjub Bird, and shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
- ↑ Pet size http://www.neocolours.me.uk/petsizes.php
- ↑ http://www.neopets.com/petinfo.phtml?type=JubJub&r=386
- ↑ Previous versions https://bookofages.jellyneo.net/history/old-pets/?species=jubjub
- ↑ https://bookofages.jellyneo.net/species/jubjub/