The Grundo (grun-doh) was originally stated to be from the planet Doran, but it was later revealed that they were native to Neopia's moon Kreludor. They were introduced in Y2 during the Virtupets Plot and were released for adoption once the plot was over. They're a space neopet that is best known for their role in Dr. Sloth's plans to take over Neopia. Grundos were previously enslaved to him, but after Sloth was defeated, they took over the Space Station and can now be found all over Neopia.
Grundo are 41cm (1.35ft) on average, making them one of the smaller Neopets.
Site description: "After centuries of imprisonment by the evil Dr. Sloths, who transformed them into his hideous servants, the Grundos have returned to Neopia. Grundos are naturally friendly, and try sometimes too hard to be cool. They will eat almost anything."
Below are all possible colours for Grundos. Hit "Expand" to see every one!
Some colours of Grundo were exempt from auto-conversion when Neopets updated the pet art. Click "Expand" to see all possible unconverted Grundos.
Grundos were released at the conclusion of the Virtupets Plot. They originally only had three fingers, except for the Mutant Grundo, which had four. This was reversed in an artwork update, which made Grundos appear much more friendly.
- Old enough Grundos pet pages actually have the story of how Dr. Sloth enslaved the Grundos and kidnapped them from Doran...the only catch is it's written backwards, and very few Grundos still have this page.
- In the early days of Neopets, everything Grundos said was written backwards; however, TNT clarified this was only to make them easier to understand, and they do not actually speak this way.
- The name "Grundo" is also the name of the land that the popular Teddy Ruxpin series takes place in, however, it unconfirmed whether or not the name is derived from here.
- ↑ Pet size http://www.neocolours.me.uk/petsizes.php
- ↑ Pet description http://www.neopets.com/petinfo.phtml?type=Grundo&r=471